Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Not one of those days

I feel like I need to start blogging more often just so that I can reteach myself to have one long coherent thought. I feel as though my life these days is broken up into a million different scenarios that are all mashed together. Maybe that is why I am so good at making lists. You see, I make lists for all types of things. I make them at work - I have a notebook full of lists with the date written at the top of the page so that I can keep track of what I spend my days doing as well as keep track of everything that I need to do. If it is written down, there is a 98% chance that it will get done. I'm not sure what happened to the other 2% but I'm not perfect. There is my confession. I have lists on my phone. I make lists on church programs. I have a list on my wall of things that I need to take care of.

There are just so many disruptions here in New York and I am slowly but surely adjusting. My elevator gets no phone reception which I find to be one of the biggest annoyances in my life currently. I generally enjoy talking to people when I am walking home from work and when I have to cut someone off in the middle of something good just so that I don't have to stand outside in the rain or wind or freezing temperature, I feel bad. I ran into a friend on the subway the other day and just as we were in the middle of a meaty conversation, it was my stop. (True confession is that I went an extra stop just so that we could keep talking.) On Saturday, Traci and I were hanging out in a hotel in Connecticut just enjoying Saturday morning when the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate. Luckily we were able to get into the car to stay warm, but I didn't even have a jacket on me.

I hope this doesn't come across as complaining because everyone is always so good about rolling with the punches and letting me call them back when I am in my apartment or letting me get on the subway and call them back. I am just adjusting.

In other news, I darkened my hair a few weeks ago. I didn't want to go really dark, but I was thinking that I wanted to be a brunette again. A few days after I had made the change I was at a birthday party for a friend and she said to me, referencing my hair, "You know, I've always favored people with brown eyes and blonde hair." Then today at the dentist, I made some intelligent comment to the dentist and he said "How did you know that?" My reply was "Um. I'm smart?" The hygienist quickly piped in, "Just because she's blonde doesn't mean she isn't smart!!" What I'm really trying to tell you is that I just can't win.

1 comment:

Bud & Kim said...

Yea I like your long blogs. :-)