Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend

This weekend was great. I was able to spend some good quality time with Traci on Friday and Saturday, which is always a treat. I invited her to attend an event with me in Connecticut where we intended on watching some basketball, but instead we ate large amounts of cheese and heard really drunk people sing horrible karaoke while playing shuffleboard. Every time I am around people who are drunk, I thank my lucky stars that I don't have to worry about looking like a fool in public and not remembering all the details. I always remember every detail. Unless it is at 4am and involves group congo line "ice skating" through the kitchen, but those are minor details and I have photographic evidence.

I was asked to speak in church on Sunday and so the balance of my Saturday was spent figuring out what I wanted to say. I thought it would take 20 minutes, but I was still typing away on my computer 4 hours later. Needless to say, I'm running 8-10 miles tonight either in the rain or on a treadmill. I vote for the treadmill.

In other news, here are some pictures from St. Patrick's Day that I put up on facebook. My boss gave me the hat and I wore it all day. And I ate a green bagel for breakfast.

When Erin got up and asked some guys in the pub if she could wear their hat, I knew that this was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Also, I am running the DC Half Marathon this weekend. I have a feeling that this weekend would have been a lot more enjoyable if I would have trained. You'd think I would know better by now. There are lessons I am being taught over and over - maybe one day I will internalize. Maybe.

No comments: