Monday, August 1, 2011

That's what friends are for

In the midst of catching up on the blog, life has happened and tonight instead of going to play flag football with friends, I decided to lay in bed and catch up on blogs and chill out.

I was out until approximately 2:30am on both Friday and Saturday night, and my lack of sleep is catching up with me in a major way. That is my excuse, ok?

A few weeks ago I had a chat with someone about how I've struggled to make friends since moving here. I have friends - don't get me wrong. I have wonderful friends here. I've never sat home at night due to loneliness, but I don't have a group of friends that I can always rely on. I think you know that I'm saying. Right? I told Rachael this already, and continue to tell her constantly, but the Lord is answering my prayers to have good people put in my path and to make friends that will bless my life now and forever. My prayers are being answered - not always in the ways that I've expected and sometimes the process hurts, but I am getting there. We so easily look at other people's problems and see the ways things
turned out and think to ourselves that our problems are harder to bear in some way or another. No one knows in their darkest moments how the light is ever going to come again - and I am so very grateful that I am being molded into the person that I need to become. So many people have reached out to me lately and I have felt very loved.

I will eventually update you on my trip to the West Coast a few weeks ago, but for now, these girls should know how much they are loved. What a great group of friends I have. A year later and I am still calling you withmy problems. Thanks for being the light at the end of my tunnel. You know how easily scared I get.

No comments: