Saturday, July 8, 2006

Dallas for a few days

Well, I probably won't be posting much for the next few days since I'm in Dallas for work. I'll be attending the World Education Congress.

I'm sure I'll be learning all sorts of good stuff for my job and I've already met some really nice people who have given me tips on what parties to go to and how to make the most of this weekend. While here I'm staying at the Adolphus Hotel, which is a very beautiful place. I stayed here last year for my cousin's wedding with my family, so I knew how nice it was and I found this cool old drawing of it...which isn't actually really what it looks like these days with all these other skyscrapers around it, but its nice, none the less.

The only real complaints I have so far are that they don't have MTV or VH1 on the TV channels, so I can't catch up on the episodes of My Fair Brady that I got to watch while flying back from Boston the other day and the food that I got from room service for lunch wasn't all that great. (I got a cup of tortilla soup and a cobb salad). hm. yeah. not great. AND to top it all off, they don't have hair dryers in the bathroom. Luckily I noticed before tomorrow morning when I have to be ready to go early in the morning. That could have been tragic. I'm glad that they had some old dinky ones at the grocery store around the corner.
My cousins are coming to pick me up in the next hour or so, so I'm going to take a nap before going out with them. See you in a few days.

Z

1 comment:

Kimberly Badger said...

Hope you had fun on your trip! You are great at keeping up with this thing. I need to be better.