Thursday, January 18, 2007

I Clammed Up

Kind of like when you're in high school and the hottest guy you've ever seen walks by your locker every day but you never really talk to him. Your staring may burn holes in his leather jacket, but you actually never say a word.

When I moved to the Presidio a few years ago, I noticed someone every day. Sometimes I'd be on my way home from work, or on my way to the store, but without fail, she was there. I have no idea what her name is, or why she does what she does, but I'd have to be honest and say that her grimace has been the one constant in my life here in the city by the bay.

The Walker Lady. If you live in the Presidio, you know who I'm talking about. The lady who usually wears a yellow jacket, lycra shorts, headphones, and a grimace that makes her look like her muscles are ripping apart with every step.

Last Friday, Kristy and I went for a run before going out for the evening and when we got back to the bottom of the hill, there she was. Kristy was a few steps behind me, so I had time to talk to the woman. Ask her her name, take a picture, ask her why she walks every day, etc. All I did was stand there and watch her speed-walk by. Seriously...I'm such a retard!

No comments: