Friday, February 23, 2007

Gum Surgery

Last month I posted about how I was going to have surgery on my gums sometime in the near future. Well, now its sometime in the near past. Yesterday afternoon I went in and had it done. Basically, I just wanted my teeth to look symmetrical. I had what you'd call a peg lateral for a tooth (#10), so after a bunch of shots in my gums, the dentist took a scalpal and started scraping away. I'm not really into the whole blood/guts thing, so when he made me look at his handiwork before stitching me back together, I wasn't too much of a happy camper. I could feel him stitching me up and he tried to chat it up with me through the whole thing. Super nice guy, but come on! You're sewing my mouth together...the least you could do is let me lie there in peace. I'm on a lot of pain medication right now, but even when I woke up this morning I didn't have any pain like I thought I would. I sure hope that lasts. If you want to get a sense of what is going on inside my mouth right now, think back to when you were a kid and you stretched a piece of gum out inside your mouth and stuck it over your teeth to make it feel like braces or a retainer. Yep...for the next week, I get to experience it non-stop.

No comments: