Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Big Finale

Soon after moving to San Francisco, my new friend Rick Buck told me that he liked to watch American Idol when he lived in Provo. I had watched the previous two seasons off and on with friends in Provo as well, so we started watching it together every week. There have been very few instances where I have missed watching an episode of American Idol with Rick Buck in the past three years. We always get tired of the audition shows and we hardly pay attention during Hollywood week, but we've stuck together through it all. Some of the favorite contestants have been: Carrie Underpants, Anwar, Bo, Scott Savol, Constantine, Ace (I'd like to show you my scar) Young, Kat McBoobs, Chris Daughtry, Taylor, Elliott Sing-like-Yamin-it, and many more. We even went to American Idol together last year. We. Are. Serious.
Buck graduates from the UoP school of dentistry in the next few weeks and so it is with great hesitation that I watch the Finale of the 6th Season of American Idol tonight because it also marks the end of an era. I realize that Idol isn't on cable, so I can get it with the rabbit ears on the TV, but it just isn't the same. Buck...what am I going to do without you and your TV? ha. just kidding.

not really.

So did you watch last night's final performances? In my opinion, Jordin won it by a land slide. I like Blake more and think that he's fantastic, but I just don't think that he'll win tonight. Sad, but true. Check out this performance:

To see Jordin's other performances from last night, click here and here. For Blake, here, here, and here.
I'm going to bring kleenex to Buck's tonight. I have a feeling that I'm going to cry through the entire episode at the thought of him moving away.

No comments: