Friday, July 13, 2007

Ya, ya, grill, ya ya YA GRILL!

Ok so a few months ago I had some gum surgery. Don't worry; that link won't go to any gross pictures of my mouth. When I had my surgery done, I quickly realized by looking around the waiting room at the Periodontist's office that I'm by far the youngest person that comes in there on a regular basis. The office manager always remembers the last conversation we had and frequently asks me about random things I've told him, like that I ran a half marathon or that I'm going to my best friend's wedding in a few weeks. Super nice people, but my periodontist always seems to think that in a month I need to come in again so that he can make sure that my gums are still healing properly. Come on people! The surgery was in February!! My gums are FINE. What's really funny though is that every time I go in for an appointment, he notices that something is wrong with my teeth or mouth, etc. A few months ago he told me that my two front teeth are uneven. Um. Ok? Thanks for the pep talk.

I was getting ready to leave the office yesterday when he told me that I'd better swing by in a month or so just to make sure that everything is still ok. Please keep in mind that this isn't my knee or my ankle; and I'm not planning on doing anything drastic like attacking my own gums with a knife anytime soon, so I'm not sure why he is always wanting me to come in, but I do think its kind of cute. I mean...he's my dad's age and I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that he has a little bit of a crush. I get a lot of grief for tending to like "older" guys, but really...my limit is 7 years older than me. I'm not so much a fan of dating someone 35 years older, ok? Before I knew it he started saying stuff about my uneven teeth again and I was back in the dentists chair with a drill in my mouth. And he just took off part of my tooth.

While you're looking at these amazing pictures of my now-even front teeth, you should also notice my RAD gums that don't look weird anymore. You'd never even know that I ever had anything done. Hooray.

2 comments:

House of Smiths said...

Your grill is SMOKIN', okay that was gay, but really your teeth look amazing. I don't know if you recall when I posted my 'new smile' on my blog a while back, when I got some gaps closed up, but it was like a mini-mouth makeover. I feel SUPER confident now when I smile for a picture or even talk to another person up close. It's amazing how a great set of teeth can make you feel. Well congratulations Steph. Enjoy!

Jen said...

That is a very lovely smile. Contratulations! Your story reminds me of Hermione letting Madame Pomfrey fix her teeth after the fight with Draco.