Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Scherenschnitte

Say what? I was invited by the lovely Rebecca to join the Ladies Activity Club tonight to learn how to Scherenschnitte. First of all, I was totally honored that she said I could come. I've read about these on Emily's blog for a while now and I thought it was such a great idea. There are definitely never enough reasons to get together with a bunch of great women and learn a new craft or hobby.
I actually knew what Scherenschnitte was since I occasionally read Cindy's blog about it. I definitely thought that it was something that I could never do because Cindy's creations are soooo amazing, but look, Ma! This is going to look awesome in my room. I can't wait to frame/hang it. I think I want to make more.

To check out some serious scherenschnitte, click here and here and here.

2 comments:

MrsEm said...

Awesome! I'm so sad I missed last night's party. Send me you email address and I'll make sure you're on the invite list every month.

bex said...

that scanned in so well! nice work, you.