Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ta-hoeing it Up

So if you read my blog on Thursday, you know that I went to Tahoe this weekend. I have been traveling quite a bit lately, so it was nice to go somewhere relaxing where I wouldn't have to decorate for any weddings or drive all over Tarnation to visit everyone I know. No offense, people; just stating the facts.

On Saturday I was a little tired, so stayed at home while everyone else went hiking. What a fabulous idea that was. I just stayed in my pajamas for a while, read about 300 pages of the book I just finished, took my sweet time getting ready, and took a brief nap on the couch. All while my friends were off making out with nature. Lucky for me, they stopped by the house to pick me up in the early afternoon so that we could go swimming in the lake. But first, we needed floating devices. We bought these lovely pink rafts at Raley's for $1.99.
Unfortunately for you, we don't have any pictures of us all on our rafts in the water. I'm sure you could spot the five of us from a mile away. BUT when we got back to the beach, we used our rafts as air mattresses while we sunned ourselves. Brilliant idea.

Here's Eria, Kambria, me, and Rebecca.


That night we decided to play Cranium, but when we opened up the Clay-Dough, we found a slight problem. It was so dry that it was growing crystals. Sick!


Oh no, that wasn't going to stop us from playing. Did we just forget about the Clay-Dough? Heck no...we decided that we had the skills to fix it. We weren't exactly sure what was going to work, so here's Derek with his microwave it and add water approach.


Rebecca gave it here all with the potato masher.


Rick decided to put the cheese-grater to use.


Rebecca's potato mashing didn't seem to be doing a whole lot, so Rick broke out a huge knife and cut it up into tiny little pieces.



Rick's cutting and grating idea seemed to work the best, so Rebecca decided that she'd explain to everyone why his grating and cutting worked over the microwave method.


Playing Cranium was a lot of fun; especially when we had to do blind drawings for each other. To ensure that there was no cheating, we made each other cover our heads with sweaters. It seemed to be effective.

I couldn't resist taking a picture of Ryan sitting on this "stool."

Before coming home, we wanted to get a bit more sun. We hit up D.L. Bliss State Park on the west side of Lake Tahoe. Such a beautiful place.

We found these jokers chillin' on the beach.

Despite this sign, we blew up the rafts and hopped in the water. Once you got used to it, it wasn't so bad.
For the record, I have beaten Emily Bates in a race. Just don't tell anyone that it was a race on rafts. Shh.
Here I am loving my pink raft.
Look at that beautiful water. It was a beautiful day!Thanks to Rebecca for a lot of these pictures...your documenting skills are amazing.

2 comments:

bex said...

Glad to see all the pics going to good use - and our amazing science skillz out there for the world to see. Cranium should consider publishing our findings for us. Note to self - do not microwave Clay-dough in the future.

Erica said...

it's all about documenting. oh, how i wish my camera wasn't out of order.