Monday, August 20, 2007

The Undomestic Goddess

After reading Madame Curie last week, I was ready to read something mindless. Reading about Marie Curie was interesting and motivating for sure, but I heck...I was going on a relaxing weekend vacation and I wanted something easy. Sophie Kinsella is the author of some other books I'd heard of, so I thought I'd give it a go.

So...if you're expecting some insightful review here, just quit reading and get back to work, because it was just a cute, fun book. Samantha is a workaholic lawyer in London who makes a big mistake at work, runs away and finds herself as a housekeeper in the country before she knows it (and like all Chick Lit, finds love along the way). Honestly, if you're going on vacation before the summer ends, pick it up. Its all about being happy by your own standards instead of the world's. And who can't say "amen" to that?

Happy Monday, everyone.

PS - I'll be blogging about my weekend soon, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

Sophie Kinsella / Madeline Wickham, is one of my favorite British humor authors.