Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Are you There God? It's Me, Stephanie

I saw this book on the Time's All Time 100 Novels list a few months ago, so I "mooched" it and within a few days, it was in my hands. It only took me a few days of light reading to get through and I have to say that maybe I'm just not 11 anymore and so I'm not sure what exactly about this novel helped it make the list. I do understand that it was probably the first of its kind and that no tween books had been written before to help a girl realistically understand their soon-to-be pubescent life. That's all I'm really going to say about it because I'm sure that most of you have read it and if you haven't by this point in your life, let's be honest. There are better books out there. Don't get me wrong. I just would rather spend my time reading books about something that I maybe relate to at this point in my life.

No comments: