Friday, October 26, 2007

What are you going to be?

I've been keeping my costume a surprise from most people. Not for any particular reason; mostly just because I think its fun to show up to a party when people don't know what you'll be dressed as. As you might recall, last year I was dressed like Nicole Richie. This year's costume is definitely unlike anything that I've been before.

Growing up, my mom always made me and my sister the best costumes. Here are some costumes from my past that I can remember. Mom, feel free to contribute to the list if you can remember them.

Age 3 - Witch
Age 4 - Strawberry Shortcake
Age 5 - Fairy Princess
Age 6 - Spanish Flamenco Dancer
Age 7 - Minnie Mouse
Age 8 - Cinderella
Age 12 - Pocahontas
Age 14 - Little Bo Peep
Age 15 - Gypsy
Age 17 - Dead Pilgrim
Age 23 - Rachael Ray
Age 24 - Disco Queen
Age 25 - Nicole Richie

Looking at the list, I'm noticing that I've always been something super girly. Some of my favorites were the Spanish Flamenco Dancer and the Cinderella Costume. It was always so much fun having my mom put her MaryKay makeup on us and of course our costumes were always unique since they were homemade. We loved it.

With the help of the ever lovely Roommate, my costume for this year is pretty near complete. A few safety pins, some tape, and some spray paint when I get home and I'll be ready to go!

Anyone going to any fun parties?

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Brian and I went to the party for his PA class last night and he wanted to be Gene Simmons so I painted his face and got him a long black wig...he looked pretty dang good.

Camie said...

I have no costume and I have a party tonight. AHHH! I was Strawberrry Shortcake once too, I loved it!