Friday, November 2, 2007

Stephanie "The Laugher" Zundel

I love family history. Seriously, I could sit on the computer all day long and just look at my pedigree chart. I'm not sure why it fascinates me so much, but I think that I could really be a full time genealogist. This article today in People made me laugh. Really.

In just looking through my pedigree chart, here are some cool people that I am a descendant of:

Eochaidh "the Poisonous", King of Dalriada
Gabran "the Treacherous", King of Dalriada
Ugaine Mor the Great, King of Ireland
Ethelred II "The Unready" King Of ENGLAND
Edward I "The Elder" King Of ENGLAND
Robert "The King's Son" De CAEN
Sveidi (Sveithi) "the Sea King" SVIDRASSON
Eystein "Haardaade"(The Severe) THRONDSSON KING OF HEDMARK
Olaf "The Wood Cutter" INGJALDSSON
Ingjald "Braut" "The Wicked" ONUNDSSON KING IN SWEDEN
Onund "the Land Clearer" Yngvarsson, King of Upsal
Berenger II King Of ITALY - through this one I found out that I am related to David Bowie. NO LIE!

Ok...I could only get back to 1900 B.C. on the Zundel side. (sorry Claytons) Seriously...I love that I have so many "Great"Grandfathers that died because someone murdered them at the throne. No wonder the mortality rate was so stinkin' low. They were killing each other all the time!

So after seeing that so many of my ancestors have awesome names, I have a few questions for you.
1. Who else out there am I related to? Keep in mind that finding out that I'm distantly related to David Bowie is going to be hard to beat.
2. If you had to have a name like this, what would yours be?

1 comment:

Sealion II said...

Er, well, if you go back a few hundred years you're related to everyone who has European ancestors at all.

Here's the most succinct and readable explanation I turned up in a few minutes of searching:

http://econ161.berkeley.edu/movable_type/2003_archives/002852.html

Whether or not you can trace it, well, that's a different story.

Good ol' David Bowie. I wrote about him on my blog recently, too. :)