Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Greetings from Atlanta

Hello there! I arrived in Atlanta a few hours ago and so far the day has proven to be pretty interesting. I sat next to a young Brazilian guy (I say young since he's my age) on my flight and impressed him with my Portuguese. He said that if the days of the week were all I needed, I'd be good to go. :) We talked for a good portion of the flight and he practically slept on my shoulder for a good hour. What is it with me and Brazilians?? I love them, I tell you. As soon as I checked into the hotel and received my luggage, I headed to the CNN Center to get some Chick-Fil-A. Oh yummy. Then when I got back to my room, I had chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. Oh yummy again.

While I was in the cab driving up to the hotel I was looking out the window thinking about how much Atlanta is like Charlotte which made me feel all homey and happy. Then the cab driver looked at me in the mirror and said "Atlanta is very ugly city, compared to San Francisco, no?" I just smiled at him and said "San Francisco is very beautiful, but its still beautiful here." I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

Have a good rest of the week everyone!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

i miss you already

Unknown said...

Ooooh! ATL, treat Miss Steph right! Love you girl!

xox

House of Smiths said...

hmm, Steph. I know you probably know this already, but I do STILL live vicariously through your exciting life, and well... you haven't posted in a while and I kind of feel like we're in a slump. haha, JK
Really though... "Oh where or where has Stephanie gone, oh where or where can she be??"
Come back to use, and fill us in!!
Shelley
haha THANKS!