Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Where My Time is Going

Last year it was the Gilmore Girls. Now its Felicity. Tiffany owns the first season and so far I'm loving it. I'm not sure how I missed this show when it was on TV, but I did sit by one of the actors on a flight to London once. Remember that, Bev?? Maybe if you're lucky I'll post that picture tomorrow as its quite funny.

After watching a few episodes of Felicity last night, I went on a run. I was in a relay race on Saturday and although I haven't really run since the half marathon in May, I really enjoyed it. Somehow running this 5k got me in the mood to run again. I ran down Lake Street and a by the time I got to 18th Ave, I realized that I could see in the windows of everyone's homes and I could see tons of Christmas trees! I put a good song on repeat and enjoyed the scenery. I even said "Merry Christmas!" to the people that I ran past. In a city that is so often afraid to offend others, I was touched to see so many people openly displaying their Christmas decor. Who knows why they decorate or if they realize the true meaning behind the season, but it made me grateful for everything I have. The city I live in, that I can go running outside at night in December and not freeze to death, that I have incredible friends and family. I shouldn't worry so much about stuff that doesn't really matter.

I leave tomorrow for Atlanta, so I'll probably be light on posting while I'm gone. On Friday I'm flying to Utah for my Dad's 60th birthday party which should be a blast. There are a few people whose presence will make my canceled trip to North Carolina OK. That doesn't mean that I don't plan on going to North Carolina sometime in the near future; just that it is going to be OK this weekend. Have a nice week everyone!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

it means a lot to me that Felicity has found a place in your heart

Beverly B. said...

I love Felicity! It’s one of my favorite shows of all time. Yes, I remember, but it was our flight from LAX to JFK on our way to Rome. You were brave enough to talked to him. His name is Greg Grunberg. He is now on Heroes. I’d love to see the picture sometime.

Have fun on your trips.

Mrs. B said...

Enjoy Atlanta, that is and always will be my home. Enjoy Felicity too, it's great!

Unknown said...

hi stephie! felicity is MY show. think of me whenever you see her. love you, miss you. downtown kelly browne.

Vegemite Wife said...

I loved Felicity too - did you know that the ratings dropped dramatically when she cut her hair off?? They nearly axed the show!