Saturday, December 1, 2007

I Think I'm Touchy.... and Reviews Anyone?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm being overly sensitive. I'm an planner, for goodness sakes. When plans don't go the way I am thinking they will go, I get a little touchy. When my roommate told me tonight that she was going to a birthday party, I told her that I hadn't heard anything about this said birthday party. I mean...she said that she was sure I could go if I wanted (which I'm fairly sure is true), but I decided that I'd rather spend time with someone who I thought could use my friendship more. Then I was shot down again. So I opted for option 4 (I didn't mention option 1) which consisted of eating too much chocolate and playing video games with my neighbors.

I've decided that from now on, I'm going to stick with plan A. I should have just gone to Sacramento as I had planned earlier this week.

In other news, I found out some good news about a guy I used to date. If anything, its been making me think a lot. I also went to the gym 4 times this week. My gym attendance has been lacking a bit lately with all of my travel and laziness, so I was proud of myself. I signed up today to participate in a 7 mile relay race next Saturday, so I'd better get running big time this week or I'm going to be in big trouble come next weekend.

And last but not least, I did read two books while I was out of town over the past month, which I guess is only possible due to the amount of time that I've spent in the airport and in route to my destinations lately.

The first, "The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club" by Laurie Notaro. I thought that based on the looks of this book, that it would be hilarious and that I would relate well to the topic at hand. {I often think that my autobiography will have a similar title one day}. However, I just found Laurie to be crass and not very funny at all, actually. I have to admit that I finished the book solely out of obligation and the hope that it would maybe be funny as I got closer to the last page. I was wrong. I mean; telling stories about
that time that you were drunk is one thing and can be very funny and amusing; but telling stories about how you're a raging alcoholic and making it seem like that's ok? Not ok. Not worth the read my friends.


The second book I read was actually inspired by an ex of mine. One of the things he enjoyed doing as a couple was reading together. While we were dating he would bring options and I could choose what we were going to read. I always chose the same book, but Peter Pan by J M Barrie was in the stack every time. He told me that it was his favorite book and I was curious. So when I had the chance to read it over Thanksgiving break, I jumped at it and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I even watched "Hook", you know, the movie you know you watched in the 90's with Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman. It was a lot of fun actually to watch the movie after just having read the book. (I didn't have quite the same reaction after reading Anne of Green Gables and then watching the movie).

Very interesting stuff here if you want to read more about Peter Pan and its background.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

you are invited to my room anytime you want

Steph said...

you are hilarious. sleepover!