Monday, January 14, 2008

By Request

And now here is a list of some of my favorite books of all time. Keep in mind that I was an English Literature major in school and so some of my selections may not be the most interesting.

The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
London is the Best City in America - Laura Dave
Jude the Obscure - Thomas Hardy
The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier
1984 - George Orwell
Like Water for Chocolate - Laura Esquival
In the Time of the Butterflies - Julia Alvarez
All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten - Robert Fulghum
Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa Lahiri
Sister Carrie - Theodore Dreiser

After making this list, I realized that some of these are really intense books, so be warned. A few of them are light reading, but most of them draw some type of strong emotion out of you, so be ready for that. Maybe I can actually make it through Don Quixote this year or Anna Karenina. Seriously, that could take the entire year. Cheers to that. Enjoy the list, Shelley.

2 comments:

cropstar said...

I LOOOOVE Interpreter of Maladies!
Secret Life of Bees is on the top of my 'to read' list. Isn't reading just the best???

Unknown said...

Ooooh! I love lists. I love books. So, it stands to reason, that lists of books are the ultimate!

xox