Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I had so much fun, I can barely walk.

I've heard it said that cross country skiing is hard. I've never heard though that it will rock your body like Steve Perry rocks a mullet. Seriously. Ouch.

I guess I should have known that my recent running adventures would in no way prepare me for the workout that my body was about to receive. My downhill skiing abilities aren't exactly expert (ha ha) and so you can imagine how thrilled I was to learn that snow plowing doesn't really exist (at least in my realm of ability) on cross country skis. And apparently, neither in someone else's...

My trip to Yosemite was so much fun though. I can't remember when I've been invited on a trip with such an amazing group of people. Really, everyone was so much fun and great to be around.


I've also learned that cross country skiing may not totally be my thing and maybe I need to look into snow shoeing. I mean...if the path is flat, not too much of a problem. When the path starts going up over a mountain and I'm expected to SKI up and over it, well, thats when I take my skis off and walk over the darn thing. Up hill? On skis? Seriously?

Here I am at the top of the mountain, looking all not-sore-yet and pretending that I'm not scared to death that I'm going to slide right off the ledge that was literally a foot behind me. PS. Do you see the amazing view that I'm blocking from you?? Here, let me give you a better picture.

Dude. This and all the Mormon-style free love I got this weekend totally make the total body aching worth it. Can I have an "Amen?"

Amen.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I took a cross-country skiing class up at Ricks. Good times! It does kick booty. P.S. I love Yosemite!

cropstar said...

sooo jealous! that looks like so much fun and so gorgeous! good thing the aching was worth it!

Unknown said...

This "free love" you speak of? Where can I get it?

xox