Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Make it Great in 2008

Right now I'm sitting in my bedroom at oh, 10am, waiting for the couch replacement to arrive and checking my email every few minutes to make sure that I'm not missing out on much at work. Good times.

On Sunday I drove back from Utah and made it in about 11 hours. I thought that on my drive I'd be able to think about what resolutions I wanted to make in my life, but all I ended up doing was going through about 600 songs on my ipod. hmm. I still haven't really sat down and written down my real resolutions, but I have decided to make some small but positive changes in my every day life. Somehow I decided at 11:45pm on New Years Eve to give up candy for the year. Its day two and so far, so good. As long as I can stay away from the candy counter at work, I should be fine. Other resolutions include making habits of things I slowly had stopped doing over the past few years. Unfortunately, this hasn't yet included hitting my snooze button in the morning. I just want to be better in all areas of my life.

I started off my new year with some really good things: fireworks, chatting through the night with good friends, sleeping in until 11:30, cleaning the house until it sparkled, going to dinner with a good friend, and watching a movie on the infamous couch. Last night when I was saying my prayers, I was consciously thinking of all the people that I wanted to keep in my prayers and I feel like I was on my knees for about 10 minutes just thinking of more people that I love and care about in my life.

I'm not sure what is in store for me this year, but I'm sure that whatever it is, I'll have a good time and make new friends along the way. Hopefully some good changes are coming my way; I'm feeling like I need them.

Happy New Year, everyone. I'll be back to regular blogging very soon, I promise.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wait. Stop. Rewind. What couch replacement?!? What happened to Bertha?!?

xox

Oh, and Happy New Year.

MonteLDS said...

Do you have an extremely hard time listening to songs all the way threw or did you over exaggerated listening to 600 songs in your 11 hour journey back to California.
11 hours = 660 mins.. Giving each song 66 seconds on avg

Glady said...

Happy New Year!!! : )