Thursday, February 21, 2008

And In My Spare Time...

Boy, have I been busy lately. Between skiing on Monday, the LAC on Tuesday, Spain planning dinner tonight, the ballet, and having a bad case of a cold, I'm ready for a break. So while I'm home sick today, check out what I've been checking out.


Tonight I saw "Giselle" at the Opera House and I am ashamed to say it was my first ballet; however, I can honestly say that out of all the ballets that I've seen, this one is my favorite. Really though, I loved it. The story, while tragic, was full of emotion and watching all the ballerinas hop around on their toes made me appreciate their talent that much more. And what is more dramatic than watching a ballerina die on stage? Yeah, you guessed it: A dead ballerina hanging from a rope swinging around the stage. If you're in the area, check it out. {our tickets were only $18 so you don't have to have a lot of money to get tickets and we could still see the stage really well!!}


Somehow I also managed to read a few books last week. Only two more until I have read all of the series of "The Chronicles of Narnia." I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying each story. I kinda wish that Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy were the main characters in all of the stories, but they are still good. I highly recommend reading them if you haven't before. Quick reads at only 200 pages a piece and very very entertaining. Check them out.

Last Friday I went and saw the movie "Definitely, Maybe" starring Ryan Reynolds and some other really beautiful actresses. I thought that this movie was going to be about a divorced dad who gets his daughter's opinion on the girls he is dating, but as it turns out, this isn't the case at all. I really loved it and would say that its a great date movie that isn't over -the-top cheesy and the ending was actually different than I thought it would be. An unpredictable chick flick. How often does that happen? I mean...I'm still surprised every time that I see Marianne and Colonel Brandon walk out of the chapel at the end of this movie and I've seen it at least fifty times. Go to your local movie theater and check it out. And then tell me what you think.

Oh...and I netflixed the first season of LOST. Kind of intense for my taste, but I'm giving disc 2 a shot in my sickened state today.


Hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things by Friday. :(

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Yeah Lost is definitely instense. I finished season three last night and honestly, it depresses me...BUT I am addicted to it! SOOOOOOOOOOO...who are you pulling for on American Idol this season??