Thursday, February 14, 2008

Let's Hear it for Valentine's Day

I sure hope that everyone has had a wonderful Valentine's Day. My phone has been buzzing consistently all day with texts of love and affection. I don't really understand it when people tell me that they don't believe in celebrating Valentine's Day since they love their significant other every day of the year. Dumb logic in my opinion. So you decide not to celebrate it, but deep down, you still expect something and then you feel bad when you don't get the flowers at work or the sappy card on your pillow. Anyway, embrace the day, I say. If that's the logic that you're going to use, we might as well not celebrate Christmas or Easter. It isn't about the day; its about the celebration!

ps. can you tell I'm a little giddy today?

1 comment:

Sherry Ashford said...

I love this post. My boss was complaining all day yesterday about the holiday. But it is such a happy day and fun to celebrate!