Wednesday, June 18, 2008

David Copperfield - the book, not the magician.


A few years ago when I was studying abroad in England, David Copperfield was on my list of books to read in my Victorian Literature class. As I never received the book list before the first day of class, I missed out on reading David Copperfield. I read all of the other books for class - there were about 6 of them if I remember correctly and all 808 pages of David Copperfield were banished to my bookshelf for the next 5 years. This year I made a goal to read it along with some other books that had been sitting on my shelf for way too long. I really loved the story and to be honest, after reading a book every day for almost 4 months, I felt like I was losing a friend when the last page rolled around. I have to say though - it put me to sleep almost every time I read it. So yeah - not a page turner, but if you're into the classics, give this one a try.

No comments: