Tuesday, June 17, 2008

How Quickly I Forget

My trip to DC this weekend was nice and HOT! I realized within minutes how acclimated I've become to this freakish San Francisco weather. Being cold is a normal thing - and I've come to expect to be cold at all times of the year. Today I am wearing a wool sweater, for instance. In DC this past weekend I was sweating at all times of the day and I was mad at myself for only bringing long pants! Seriously - real hot AND real humid. On Friday Melissa and I went to the Holocaust Museum, which I had never been to before. We also went to the National Gallery of Art, which is one of my favorite Smithsonian museums as well as the United States Botanical Gardens. In between games of Settlers, Nerts, Egyptian Rat Screw, and sleeping in, we ate out in Georgetown, had some pizza with Generous George, and had dinner with some of my friends who live in Arlington. Oh - and dropped Marylin off as you can see in the video below.

As it turns out, Marcy never found Marylin. Still waiting for the jury to come back on whether or not we were given the wrong address or if she was stolen while we were running to the elevator, but hopefully Marylin will find her way home someday.

In the meantime, this picture on my desk is making me laugh really hard today. I usually have the top right corner covered to save some unknown person some embarrassment, but I recently reorganized my desk and pictures, which leaves me nothing to cover it with. At least I know for a fact, it isn't my rear end.

Have a great day, everyone.

1 comment:

C. Leah said...

Hey Stephanie!

We went to D.C. in May -we have family in Arlington. Anyway, it was SO cool and rainy while we were there! You probably would have loved being there at that time, instead of with the heat and humidity. :)
Glad to hear you had a good time though!!