Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bundle of Zundels

So as I already told you yesterday, I spent some time with my long lost cousins last week. Dad, this picture is for you - here I am hanging out with your cousin Wynn Zundel - aka "Bear's Butt" and his wife Sherry Zundel - aka "Wine Maker."

In their family, they all have "Mountain Man" names and those are theirs. In my family, maybe we should have "City People" names. (We're not exactly country people - right, Mom?) We met up for lunch at Boudins after convincing them that coming all the way to Marin without even going into San Francisco would be a crying shame.

Wynn and Sherry are some of the only people I know in the world with my same last name. I once dated a guy who thought it was weird that I knew my 2nd cousins. It's true that I know most of my 2nd cousins and I grew up thinking that this was totally normal. Turns out, it isn't. I guess you just have to be from a really cool family to grow up being friends with your first AND second cousins.

Speaking of second cousins, here is Marlin and Helen, my dad's cousins who I grew up with. I don't even necessarily think of them as cousins. They are more like aunts. Seriously, they are great. I love them mucho.


And speaking of family that I really love - here is a picture of me and my Auntie Ilene. Well, I don't call her Auntie Ilene so much anymore, but she's great. On Wednesday, my family is going to have a new edition - yep, my sister is going to have another baby. Stay tuned for more details and pictures. Yippee!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Hey Steph, So glad my Mom sent me your link. You're hilarious! This is so much fun to read! You're my traveling hero- in my other life I'm hopping on the plane with you! For now I'm changing dirty diapers and running after a 2 year old-which can be just as much fun if done with a sense of humor. Hope all is well. You can check out my blog too at grantsypants.blogspot.com
Stacey (Willms) Adams