Friday, July 11, 2008

Favorites Friday

So yeah. Part 2. It's coming, I swear.

So here are some of my favorite things from this week for your enjoyment.
  • I started bootcamp, which I found via Oh Happy Day. I've had my trash kicked every morning this week. Awesome.
  • I made these amazing apple dumplings last night with a friend and holy crap, they do not disappoint. Seriously, make them this weekend and make sure that you aren't the only one home so you don't eat the entire pan by yourself. {via The Pioneer Woman}

  • I finished The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers at the beginning of the week. Beautifully written book about finding love and peace. Now I'm reading The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd. A lot more fluffy than McCullers, but how can you not like a story that has to do with mermaids?!...well, kinda.
  • Tara, one of my closest friends, called me this morning to tell me that she gave birth to #2 this morning. Hooray!
  • A friend of mine here in San Francisco is auditioning for American Idol next week and he invited me. (I'm not going to audition - just chill with him in line and watch the madness) You know me. I'm like 80% going to be there. duh.
  • Kristine and I are preparing for our "Frenched on New Years" adventure already. Here's the conversation that Kristine has mapped out for us to have with some Hott French men:
    Salut (Hello)
    Tu me fais penser a quelqu'un que je connais. (You look like someone I know.)
    Est-ce que tu as une petite amie? (Do you have a girlfriend?)
    Nous allons prendre l'air? (Would you like to get some fresh air?)
    Je te veux. (I want you.)
    Embrasse-moi! (Kiss me.)
    and just in case things get out of control
    Vas-y mollo! (Easy tiger!)
This weekend should be pretty relaxing. I'm hoping to catch up on sleep and watch some Felicity - and go running if I can pull myself out of bed in the morning! I hope yours is just as great.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Uh yeah.....those apple dumplings are amazing!! Made them last night and I WANTED to eat the entire pan! We had company, so fortunately that didn't happen.

Debsie Doodle said...

Thanks for being there to give me the recipe the other day... these were a HIT!!!!! :)

Some of the dinner guests were pretty excited that they got to drink the extra Mountain Dew, and they thought that might be part of the reason it was soooooo good. ;)