Tuesday, July 15, 2008

North Beach by Night

Last night I had the pleasure of going on a walking tour of North Beach with some friends. For those of you who don't live here in San Francisco, North Beach is basically the Italian district as well as the place where the Hustler Club can be found - amongst other things. We learned a lot about San Francisco history - that there are lots of boats buried underneath the streets since a big portion of the land here is landfilled, that it is called North Beach because it used to be north of the beach, etc. Although the majority of the tour was about bars and strip clubs, it was really interesting and we even saw some local celebrities walking around. No one like Sean Penn or Sharon Stone - just the woman who introduced topless dancing to America. And THAT my friends, is a true story.

If anything, this tour makes me want to spend a greater amount of my time in North Beach. There are some great shops and its very pleasant, especially on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Then again, I enjoyed it last night and it was cold and windy. :)

In other random news, Jonna is staying with me and my roommates for a few days while she tries out for American Idol. Check out this music video - she's a pop star in Finland. Keep in mind that the video is Finnish - its pretty awesome.



More updates on that through the week I'm sure.

No comments: