Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Patty Griffin

Last night I saw Patty Griffin down at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga. What a beautiful venue! Here's a picture of the stage for those of you who haven't been:

I guess Patty Griffin has been around for a long time, but I was only introduced to her last summer by Scott {thanks, Scott!} while on a roadtrip through Illinois. Her music is so beautiful and heartfelt. I tried to find a link to my favorite song of hers called "Mil Besos" but I couldn't find anything on the web. How is that possible?! So here is a link to the lyrics if you'd like to check them out - the song is in Spanish but the translation is at the bottom. I also really like this picture of Patty - I love that it is real - you can see wrinkles and imperfections, but that is what is so great about her music. It isn't about the music being perfect as much as her beautiful voice and lyrics.


Here's one of her more popular songs, called "Rain." Enjoy!


1 comment:

Amy said...

Ooh, I love Patty Griffin! And what a perfect spot to see her show.