Friday, August 29, 2008

Ramblings on a Friday

I've been really bad lately about updating my blog. I hope you'll forgive me. I feel like the past two weeks have flown by and its a miracle that my head is still above water. I made a few calls to make an attempt at some visiting teaching tonight - and I have a question. Does yelling out the window at one of your teachees while you're driving through Russian Hill count as visiting teaching? What if I asked her if she wanted a ride to wherever it was that she was going? Hmmm. At least I made contact, right? And can we talk about leaving voicemails?

To ease my stress pangs, I'm going to tell you all the things that I'm excited about which are in the semi-near future.

I made plans the other day to go to New York for the day - while I'm in DC over a weekend in September. I'm rather excited about driving up to the Big Apple and although I'm not excited about driving for 4 hours after a red eye to DC, I AM excited about spending some time with my friend who lives in Brooklyn. Seriously - if you live up there, give me a shout. Maybe I can see you too!

In about 6 weeks, I'm going to Utah to visit my parents, sister, nephews (if I spoke Spanish, Hannah would totally be included in the word 'nephews' so let's just pretend, shall we?), and Matt. Oh yeah - and if you live in Utah, give me a shout so that maybe I can see you too. I'm excited to be there in the fall - maybe I'll even go for a drive through the Alpine Loop. Good memories, that Alpine Loop.

I'm really looking forward to my Thanksgiving in Costa Rica. I went salsa dancing last weekend and it got me all excited to go to Central America. Too bad I'll be there with my parents - no offense Mom, but you aren't exactly going to go dancing with me while we're there. ha - just the mental image of it makes me shudder. haha!

Christmas Eve - oh yes. I can't wait. The other night, I was in a gchat group talking with Matt, Melissa, and Scott. It felt like old times when we were sitting in Matt's living room, eating brownies or cupcakes, or some other food that Matt compared me to, just laughing and laughing. It made me miss them even more. Too bad we all live hundreds of miles away from each other. Having Christmas Eve with all of them can't come fast enough.

Paris. Hooray! Now if only I can find a man to give me French lessons. oui oui!

And in other things totally unrelated to this post, here's a picture for Kristy.

I'm off to the beach with 48 of my closest friends for the weekend. I hope that everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Mine will be full of dance parties and pranks and laughing.

4 comments:

Karen Hopkins said...

Ari and her husband and kids as well as Morris and Steven all live in Brooklyn--all Hopkins, all sibs of Michael. Ari would love to see you. You would love to see her! She has the 2 most beautiful girls in the world. And as their granmuz I am totally qualified to determine that fact. Have fun!!

Derek and Ang said...

Love the part about visiting teaching-just my style and it totally counts!

Melissa said...

Wait a minute! Don't forget there was a microphone involved with the brownies... and maybe a little methlaine blue ;)

Uzi said...

Baa haa ha haaa! Ok, THAT is awesome!

(and that is why I love you!)