Thursday, September 11, 2008

Adulthood, here I come.

This weekend I'm going my first ever singles conference. I'm not really sure how I feel about it as this marks my official entry into being a "Mid-Single" in Mormon terms. Oh goody. The upsides are that I have several friends coming in from around the country to share in the fun here in San Francisco for the weekend; when all is said and done, I'm sure I'll have had a good time. Also, I'm in charge of registration. While I might not be as confident trying to mingle in a room full of people that I don't know, I am confident behind a registration counter. Heck - I'm even confident flirting from behind a registration counter! (Can you blame me? I help register thousands of Ophthalmologists for a meeting every year - some of them are kinda cute!)

Work has been crazy busy lately and the days are going faster and faster. Training for my half marathon has been going well and I'm hoping to go running tonight. I've had some interesting experiences lately trying to raise the necessary funds for my race. Some of my friends who are in no way financially able to donate are more than happy to give to such a worthy cause while others who have plenty of money are much more selfish. It baffles the mind, really.

Over the past few months, I've come up with some goals for my 27th year. Some, I will share with you:
  • Be generous - it isn't all about me, after all.
  • I'm done traveling so much to see friends who don't make an effort to come see me. I want to sleep in more on Saturday mornings and enjoy San Francisco.
  • Spend more time with family.
  • Have more friends on facebook than Seth Wheeler. His current count is 991. I'm at 772. It's a tricky predicament though since I will only add people that I know.

2 comments:

tootie said...

Good luck with the conference! And the half-marathon training, too! I'm training for my first-ever marathon. (My favorite part is eating lots of extra cookie dough ice cream ;)

C. Leah said...

Hope the conference went well! :) I did that registration thing too...back in the day. It's fun!

Do you actually work for Opthamologists? Just curious...