Friday, October 17, 2008

Excited

Want to know a little secret? I've been dreading the half marathon this weekend.

Today I went with my two coworkers to pick up our bibs and other random items that we'll need for Sunday morning. After seeing the number of people down in Union Square and inside Niketown, I felt a little inspired. In fact, just being down there almost brought tears to my eyes. What an amazing thing - to be running in a race with ALL women! Excuse the poor quality of the picture, but here I am with my two coworkers who I'll be running with. I'm SUCH a poser - can you tell? :)

Although I'm dreading the hill in the Presidio and the one by the Legion of Honor, I can't wait to be surrounded by so many great women who are all running for their own reasons and causes. I saw a sign today that said Team in Training has raised over $18 million for this race alone. Isn't that amazing? If that money even helps one person live for one more day, I guess it is all worth it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has been so supportive of me in this. Just thinking of you will keep me running at mile 12. If I decide to run a full marathon in a few months will you be supportive of me then too? Please expect a full report on Monday and lots of sweaty pictures of me. xoxo!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go Steph! You inspire me-though I think a 1/2 mile vs a 1/2 marathon is about my speed at this point!

cropstar said...

Good luck! I'll be cheering for you :)

I've always wanted to do this race. Can't wait to hear your report.