Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday Ramblings

What have I been doing lately? I already told you that I've been busy - which is a slight understatement. Last night I had a work dinner at The Presidio Social Club:

Doesn't it just look like the kind of restaurant you want to eat dinner at? Not gonna lie - the service was a little slow, but the food was worth it. I'm still dreaming about the beef stroganoff I ate. Oh yummy. Company wasn't bad either. I've been working/traveling with the same people for about four years now and I thoroughly enjoy them. About 7 of them were in from all over the country, so it was good to catch up and have some laughs.

And speaking of people that I enjoy being with, I met up with Becca and Kirsten today for lunch here:

Although it was really foggy this morning, the weather at noon was amazing! Seriously - we were all sweating by the time we left. I haven't been such a party animal lately - I'm more about the small, intimate group. Well, except for that one time today when there were 5 people in my cubical and we were having a dance party. And in my cubical, that's a crowd.

I'm really looking forward to seeing my nephews and niece this weekend. It's been way too long since I've seen them. I've been in a weird mood though lately - I guess I'm excited about going to Utah. It feels like home in some ways and then in other ways, no place really feels like home to me anymore. If home really is where your stuff is, then I guess I need to do some cleaning out of my old room in Lindon. I'm really just feeling like something is missing in my life and I've been trying to figure out what that something is. Maybe it's my ipod. or my bluetooth. or my will to run 13.1 miles. or most of my 401K.

Yeah - maybe if I had those things back, I would feel better. Oh - and if someone could arrange for there to be more hours in the day, I'd owe you BIG TIME.

No comments: