Wednesday, December 17, 2008

In Wednesday's News

Newsflash - still have a cold. Not getting better. To show you all how committed I am(Rachael), I ran in the freezing cold and officially started my marathon training. Tonight was five miles and wasn't too bad for the first day. I sadly opted out of going to my monthly LAC party since I didn't want to get anyone sick. I'm forced to be at work all week due to some deadlines that must be met, so at least at the moment I don't care so much about getting anyone there sick - you don't want me there? Send me home! I am trying to be as considerate as possible and not touch things that I don't have to, so despite my unruly attitude, you can give me a little manners credit.
This Friday some close friends and I are throwing a little holiday bash and I'm actually getting pretty excited about it. All the plans have come together nicely and though only half of us girls have dates as of right now- ahem - , I can't wait for it all to happen! The food, the company, the laughs - this will be a party to write home about. So - more details on that to come later.

In the meantime, I'm heading to Vallejo to have dinner with my parents to celebrate my Dad's birthday before they leave town on Thursday. And maybe go running, go to the dentist, schedule a hair appointment, attend a potluck. Oh - and countdown to France/Switzerland - 8 days and 5 hours. Eeeeeek! Here's a picture of one of the towns I'm going to be visiting. Yowza!



1 comment:

Beverly B. said...

Beautiful picture. Happy birthday to your dad. I hope you get better before your trip. I'm fighting off something too.