Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Monday Oddities

I'm still sick and even though today was my first real day of marathon training, I didn't go running. Don't judge me - just tell me that I'll make up for it tomorrow when I go running right after work! That's right! I still have time and so help me, I'm sick of this runny nose!! I must have eaten about 20 Halls cough drops today and I still don't feel any better.

My parents and grandmother came over for dinner tonight - wasn't one of my best creations, but it was fun visiting with them and I was even able to pull out my good friend Vinny and play a few diddies for my roommates and family. I'm grateful for my dad who makes politically incorrect statements at the dinner table, for my mom who was wearing some new sparkly jewels on her left hand - she claims the jeweler was having a sale!, and for a grandmother who still makes me laugh at age 95.

Moving back in time; this picture was taken of me last week at a work holiday party. I'm not sure who I am looking at here, but holy cow - have you ever seen me give that look before? (click to enlarge) Let's hope not. But - I do think it is rather entertaining. Gladys, be grateful you were standing next to me, OK? :)
But since I would hate to end this post on a negative note, here's a better picture from the same evening. Apparently, I love fake snow!

Happy holidays! This week is insane for me - so hang in there even if I'm not around to cheer you up. Or go back to Justin & Silvia's blog and watch them dance again... I know that always cheers me up!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Haha I love that snow photo! Come back here to UT and you can see the real thing again! :) And I love the comments about your parents (the "politically incorrect" part made me think of Pace). I love your parents; they're hilarious!

RC said...

1. You must never miss a day of marathon training again. You will NOT make it up the next day and you should really consider repenting..as I think this is a serious sin.
2. Cough drops don't make you feel better, they only help your throat. The end.