Monday, December 22, 2008

More Christmas Miracles

I feel like the past three or four days have gone by in an absolute blur. I just feel that I have so much to be grateful for. Details are forthcoming on San Franidazzle, but to give you a little preview, I have to say that everything about it was incredible. The decor was unbelievable - I never thought our kitchen could look so good! The food - the best dinner I've ever eaten. The games - how can you beat reverse charades and bingo?? The neighbor - crazier than he's been in a long time. My date would have won the Mr. Congeniality award if we had voted. I think that my girl friend's dates have bigger man crushes on him than anyone else. I could go on for days. I also don't want to ruin any future blog posts that there may be on the subject, so hopefully I wet your palette enough that you will come back for more on that.

On Saturday I felt like my body had been glued to my bed. At noon I peeled my face off the pillow and attempted to wake up and get my day going. The good news is that I was able to pull myself together by the time dinner rolled around and I was able to go to Target with LaNae and Kirsten and finish buying everything for Christmas and get some things for around the house. Successful trips to Target are the best. On our way home from the store, LaNae mentioned something to me and Kirsten about a lavishly decorated house that was close to ours. San Francisco is definitely more of a "Happy Holidays" type of town than a "Merry Christmas" town, so I was more than shocked to see this a few blocks away from my own home:

Can you see the size of the tree compared to those people? Just remember that Christmas trees are generally about the size of people. Holy cow! Amazing! We decided to walk up closer and look who we found sitting on the front porch!

Seriously - that was the Christmas miracle of the day. Sitting with Santa in Noe Valley. What was your Christmas miracle this weekend?

2 comments:

Glady said...

I've been telling Chris about this, but could not remember the address if my life depended on it. I went there last year with my roommate, and we loved it. Especially that big hill you had to walk up to get to it ;)

where is it located?

Erica said...

i love those gray cords!!!