Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Resolutions in retrospect ...and other things.

I've been waiting for my Christmas miracle today - that little elves were going to come and pack my suitcases since I'm going home in a few hours AND THEN GOING TO FRANCE AND SWITZERLAND ON FRIDAY HOLYCRAPI'MGOINGTOFRANCEONFRIDAY.... {deep breath} ANDIHAVEN'TPACKED!!

...whew!...

In the meanwhile, since this might actually be one of the last "live" posts you're getting from me this year, I thought that I'd tell you that I made a resolution last New Years Eve that I don't think ever went public. It went something like this: "I'm going to make my bed every single day this year."



And I just want you to know that I have.

You can ask my roommates. You can ask my friends - my bed is always made and I am proud of it. That doesn't mean that my room is always clean - that is definitely to the contrary, but for me, if the bed is made, I feel better about myself and about my life. Sounds silly, but I know that there are a lot of you out there thinking that you'd like to make a resolution this year to make YOUR bed every day, if you aren't already. And if that is the case, I'd like to encourage you.

{that was a picture of my old room in the lovely Presidio - pictures of my more 'quaint' room will be posted shortly}

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLYCRAPYOU'REGOINGTOFRANCE!

Have a blast!

xox

Krissy said...

WOW... You are one traveling lady! My MIL is always lecturing me to make up my bed every day ... but with kids, that doesn't happen. Much. If at all. lol

Marilyn said...

If I don't see you at church in Utah this week, have fun in France.

Erica said...

yeehaw! go girl go! personally, i'm a bed maker as well. LOVE it. just makes the beginning & end of my day so much more pleasant. have a blast in france!!!

Uzi said...

I'd have to agree with Erica. I even make the bed in the morning as I sit up, with me in it, and fold the covers over. All I have to do is throw the pillows on and wallah! It makes coming home feel like I've entered a fancy hotel. Now all I have to do is somehow try to put the mint on my pillow in the morning before I try to eat it and consider it brushing my teeth! :)