Monday, December 8, 2008

Updates

So maybe I've been on a bit of a blog break and I didn't mention it beforehand. I've been pretty stressed the past week, so I apologize for being a little out of it. Obviously the fastest way to lose readers is to stop blogging. Let's have an update then shall we?

In no particular order, here are the things that I've been thinking about lately:
  • I was browsing Britney Spears's celebrity playlist the other day on i-tunes and I realized that I already own every single one of the songs. Does that scare me or you more? I'm not sure. Five minutes before that, I downloaded some Jonas Brothers. If you want your own secret copy, shoot me an email and I'll hook you up. :)
  • I've been on the planning committee for my office holiday party the past year and this past weekend is when the big party happened. For the most part, everything went fine - no major drama and even after being on my high-heeled feet for 6 hours straight, I'm able to walk again. And I wore red tights - so I got a picture with Red Pants himself. Pictures to come, my friends.
  • I was in a race on Saturday morning - a relay to be exact and although my pace is slow, my teammates were super competitive and we came in 2nd place. I do think that I ran pretty well though - and I was faster than I usually am, which is a step in the right direction. I will have pictures of that tomorrow.
  • I was supposed to run in another race Sunday morning, but I was tired from the party the night before and I was stressed about the next bullet point.
  • I taught a class at church on Sunday about family history - I haven't been given any negative feedback, and I think it went well. I was happy with the way it all turned out and I think that I met the goals I set for myself.
  • My parents are coming to town this weekend for my grandmother's 95th birthday party. Yes, that's my still-living-on-her-own-and-taking-care-of-the-yard-work-herself grandmother. I like to think I got all my good genes from her. No offense, Mom.
  • In my car, it's been non-stop Christmas music since I got home from Costa Rica. I love me some Christmas music.
  • Lost my Santa costume from last year's Christmas party. Seriously - does anyone know where it is? Poor Santa is naked somewhere and needs his clothes back.
  • Last Friday was our church's annual Christmas auction. I purchased grocery shopping for a month (thanks Jane!), a ride to the airport, and some adventurous activity involving a shotgun and a horse. You probably think I'm kidding, but seriously. A shotgun and a horse. Probably not at the same time, but I'll keep you posted.
  • 90% of my Christmas decorations are finally in place - and preparations for my roommate holiday party are underway. Bring on the holidazzle! I can't wait!
  • Anyone interested in going to Thailand in April?
  • I watched High School Musical on Saturday for the first time. Stop judging me. And I liked it. Stop judging me. Sometimes I miss EFY for keeping me in touch with tween trends.
  • I have to give a shout-out to Rita who qualified for the Boston Marathon on Sunday morning. I am so proud of her. If you know her, you should email her and tell her what a rock star she is - since it's the truth. Way to go, Rita!
Life is good - and this week will be busy as usual. I will do my best to keep you updated. After all, that's what this silly little blog is here for.

1 comment:

Debsie Doodle said...

Did you REALLY say Thailand is next on your travel list?! We need to have a heart-to-heart before you decide on that one! I'm more than happy to share some SURVIVAL pointers.