Saturday, February 28, 2009

in retrospect

I don't even remember what I was looking for in my email, but I had typed in a couple of search words and before I knew it, that email was staring me in the face. Yeah - that email. The one that I thought I had deleted a long time ago.

I hadn't talked to him in months and then one day in my inbox, there was an email. It wasn't directed at me - it was a general email inviting me to a general goodbye dinner. Those go around every few months or so - but seeing the email from him was what made the difference. I was feeling sassy and replied that I wouldn't be going.

Looking back, I'm not sure what got me in more trouble - his email or mine. What ensued in the hours after those emails were sent was nothing but trouble.

Some good friends gave me some advice at that time that I'd look back and see the good that had come from that. For the record, I have. In abundance. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

2 comments:

Derek and Ang said...

Um, you're leaving me in too much suspense... =)

Leesa said...

Sounds like the start of a good story.