Tuesday, February 3, 2009

You And Me, We Go In Style.

Heidi emailed me the pictures from this past weekend, so although I'm sure she will have her own post about the days we spent together, here you go. Seriously, the weather could not have been more perfect. That's the awesome/horrible thing about San Francisco. You cannot predict the weather or count on the weather to correspond with nationwide average temperatures for the month. In August it could be 30 degrees just like it was 70 degrees in January last weekend.

I really think that we enjoyed every last second of it though.

On Saturday morning, we made our way to Chinatown via Union Square and the Westfield Shopping Center. With the economy in the dumpster, there weren't many crowds like I thought there would be on a Saturday. We decided to fore go breakfast so that we could get dim sum in Chinatown. Anyone in SF have a good dim sum recommendation? The place we went wasn't bad, but I have a feeling that I'm missing out on something spectacular.

If you walk all the way through Chinatown, you finally get to North Beach, and one of my all time favorite spots, the City Lights bookstore. Heidi loves books almost as much as I do, and let me tell you - I have to convince myself to leave every time.

Then on to Washington Square to sit on a bench and enjoy the sun. While we were just sitting there minding our own business, some people in the middle of a scavenger hunt approached us, asking if they could take us for a piggy back ride. Um yes. Who am I to turn something like that down?

Ok so maybe when I said that we were just sitting on a bench minding our own business, we really weren't. We were really just watching people in fancy clothes walk in and out of this church. Definitely not our own business. We maybe even went in the church after the wedding was over to take a look at the bride while pictures were being taken.

We continued on our journey down Columbus St. and passed Bimbo's 365, where we had seen Super Diamond the night before.

And no, the journey didn't stop there -we continued on to pick up LaNae where she is living temporarily down by the Embarcadero. Here is the view from her living room. Seriously. That night we went to a dance down in Palo Alto. We stayed until I danced with my crush. After that, what else did I need to stay for? Yeah - nothing.

Sunday was a relaxing day - and before we could hit up any Superbowl parties, we went to Baker Beach to enjoy the weather some more - and my previous roommate from Provo joined us. I don't think life gets much better than this.

Or does it?

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

I love San Francisco. It's one of my favorite places to visit.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, I want to be back there! And I want it to be 70 degrees!!

Fabulous weekend, one of my favorites of all time, actually. Post for SF forthcoming from me.

xox

Uzi said...

aw man, i'm so sad I wasn't there with you guys! :(

maybe next time?

Erica said...

aaaahhh, love sf. i can't wait. i'll be there in a couple days!