Monday, March 16, 2009

Good Times Never Seemed So Good

Oh, the adventures that are to be had on the weekend. I went to a "Get Lucky" party on Friday night to celebrate St. Patrick's day and boy did I get lucky. Well, lucky in that my crush paid a lot of attention to me. {...still thinking about that....} There was dancing, good people, odd people, and a trampoline. Yep - just like you had when you were ten. We played "Crack the egg" and took pictures of each other soaring above one another's heads. And then we danced some more. Yes - good times.

My running mileage is officially getting up there. 7 miles is only a little more than half of a half marathon, which as you math wiz's out there are calculating, is only a little more than a fourth of an entire marathon. Wowza - I've got a ways to go before then, but 7 miles actually felt good on Saturday. I ran with some friends (some of the way) in Golden Gate Park and it was a beautiful day. I was tired by the time I got back to the car, but not too sore. I'll live to run another half marathon next month, I do believe. The rest of the day was spent watching movies and spending money at the Sports Basement.

I've been kind of in a funk lately - still not checking my voicemails - and just feeling emotionally blah-ish. I'm fine, but just, you know, in a funk. Today I had dinner with some people that I needed to hang out with. I was myself again and it felt good (and the food was exceptional, I might add). Then I headed to Palo Alto. How can you not like it when you walk into a room and everyone is happy to see you and gives you hugs like you haven't seen them in a year? I had enough laughs to cure the most horrible disease. If only that kind of stuff could be bottled up. I would save it for rainy days, for sure. From whatever was ailing me, I am cured.

To my real friends, thank you. thankyouthankyouthankyou.

2 comments:

Amy said...

So impressed that you're running so much; I'm trying... My treadmill is calling me from the basement as I sit here procrastinating:) But that really is awesome; way to go!
PS Love the Sports Basement!

Margie Quilter said...

Steph!! I love you! I think you are so awesome! How did you start running so much? I really want to do that!!!