Friday, March 13, 2009

Please leave a message after the tone.

I have a problem. I'm trying to be better, but somehow, I just can't shake the bad habit. I am horrible at checking my voicemail messages. There; I said it. Maybe now I will be better. About once a week, I notice that I have about 8 or 9 outstanding messages when I really need to listen to the most recent message.

For the most part, I call people back way before ever listening to their voicemail since I notice on my caller ID that they called. I'm starting to wonder what the point is to even have people leave messages. To be honest, I hardly ever listen to the messages anyway - don't hate me! I just figure that if we are going to talk, you will tell me anything important. Right?

In doing some research, I found some funny outgoing voicemail messages from the past. Aren't you glad that voicemail messages aren't like this anymore? And while we're on the subject of voicemails, has anyone ever used this one before? I can't ever remember them - so I typically give out ex-boyfriend's phone numbers in a jam. Any personal experiences that anyone would like to share? I shared a story here about the time I left someone one classy message.

Moral of the story - if my phone goes straight to voicemail, leave me a message or text me. If you need to tell me something important, texting is the way to go. Tell me to call you. I will. Ironic that all of this technology just makes us so busy that we can't use them all efficiently.

4 comments:

Leesa said...

I hate when my husband leaves a message on my cell phone. Because then I need to clear the message out of voice mail.

Pace said...

You should use google voice.

Anonymous said...

Yep. I do the same thing. Then it becomes this "thing" that I have to deal with. On the long list of all the other "things" I have to deal with like clean the toilets and pick up doggy poos.

Anonymous said...

I never listen to messages either...perhaps I should just state that in my outgoing greeting. hmmm....

xox