Thursday, April 16, 2009

....interesting.

Today I was browsing some facebook info pages of some people that I admire. The things that were listed as their "interests" seemed fascinating. That's when I decided that my life needs to be more interesting. Really? My life this week has consisted of watching my netflix movies and reading two books. Yep - two. The last one I read was called The Glass Castle - by Jeannette Walls. Have you read it yet? If you like interesting people, it is worth a read. I just think it is so easy to think that life is soooo mundane. For example, instead of writing this boring blog post, I could be doing a lot of other things like:
  • Cleaning out the kitchen cupboards and the refrigerator.
  • Packing for my upcoming weekend to Utah - and my third half marathon(!!!!)
  • Supporting the guys at the basketball game tonight (as of right now, I still have an hour to get there)
  • Making a care package for a friend
  • Writing a letter to my Grandma
  • Feeding the starving children in Africa
Ok ok you get the picture. But instead, I watched a movie called "Griffin & Phoenix" that just made me cry and happy that I have no terminal illnesses. Yeah - a real upper of a movie, I must say. But enough about me and back to my friends and their fascinating interests. They ride bikes - (I want a cruiser), they do triathalons. Yeah, I do half marathons, but only 1 sport? Come on - such a wussy sport. I do work right by the aquatic park; maybe I should start swimming on my lunch break? haha. I guess no one that reads this works by the wharf(unless you are a coworker who is stealthily stalking me) and thinks that swimming in the bay is as funny as I do. haha.

ahem.

My friends have cool hobbies. They read poetry - they read books that I would never think to pick up. Also, they probably are married or have boyfriends.

How do people have time to do all these things? My fascinatings friends also must have days that last for 30 hours instead of my 24.

I'm off to go clean out the cupboard and the fridge. Amongst other interesting things.

2 comments:

heidikins said...

I think half of the info information on Facebook is complete bogus. :o)

Happy Half Tomorrow!!
xox

(Security word: unappe. Most people who lie on their facebook profiles do so because they are unappe with their actual lives.)

Derek and Ang said...

I just finished the Glass Castle last night! I really enjoyed it. And your life may seem mundane to you, but YOU are one of those people that I would see on facebook and be fascinated by. Face it, you're pretty fascinating.