Monday, April 13, 2009

What I've Been Up To.

Already Monday and so much to share. Let's back up a bit though and take this one thing at a time. I never quite finished posting about last weekend when Uzi was here. On Saturday, we gathered some friends to celebrate Silvia's birthday at Mozzarella di Bufala in West Portal. The kicker was that it was a surprise for Silvia. There were many times when I wasn't sure that we'd be able to pull it off, but...it was a success. Happy Birthday to the lovely Sil.

As if gathering for Silvia's birthday wasn't enough, having dinner with good friends is pretty much the best thing ever anyway.

Going salsa dancing afterwards was the icing on the cake. As always, there were great stories to tell from our time at the salsa club. I couldn't seem to make it to the end of a song with anyone I danced with. They all told me they were just too tired to keep dancing. Uzi seemed to have the opposite problem - she had blisters by the time she finished with one dance partner.

The next few days were spent recuperating from the weekend. On Wednesday, I was ready to go out again. Lucky for me, a friend offered me tickets to the season opener for the Giants.

Ryan was nice enough to go with me and boy, did we have a good time. The Giants lost, but there was a fireworks show after the game, so it was all worth it. And I guess the company wasn't bad either.

Friday night, Kirsten and I went with some friends to the Mamma Mia Singalong at the Castro Theater. This is the second singalong I've been to at the Castro Theater and I have to say, that it is one of the most fun things to do in San Francisco. Well, if you're like me and like to sing and dance with hundreds of other people to ABBA.

One of the goodie bag gifts we received were blow up microphones, which as some of you know, is one of my favorite party toys. They make everything more exciting.

Kirsten is a good sport and dressed up like Sophie for the look-alike competition. Here she is on stage with the other contestants. She didn't win - the transvestites always win at the Castro theater - but she did get runner up.

Which of course, was pretty cool.

And as far as the rest of the weekend, Easter was low key. I ended up going to church and then eating dinner with Rachael, much like other Sundays that I spend here in San Francisco. My mom bought me an Easter Dress though, so here I am, in all my Easter Dress glory. Please leave a comment and tell me how good I look.

5 comments:

Margie Quilter said...

SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

You look like a spring flower, cute girl:)

Joy said...

OK honestly I saw that Easter dress pic of you and thought "WHAT a babe!" before I even read what you wrote there at the bottom about how we need to say how good you look! So it's really true, that is the cutest dress and you look gorgeous.

angelabarton said...

Very Sweet of your mom, sending you a dress. Glad you had a good weekend. Reading your posts makes me want to be single and sans kids for a while to see what I've been missing, but I wouldn't trade my kids or husband though...things are great and the kids are doing good, we've had a few good days in a row with them. Oh...the dress and you look FABULOUS!

Beverly B. said...

You look beautiful!