Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More exciting than Alcatraz or Angel Island.

Last week my parents were in town - and by "in town" I really mean - in Vallejo. I was invited to have dinner with them and some family friends. The worst thing about my parents being in Vallejo and me wanting to visit them is that I have to deal with the traffic on I-80 during rush hour. At best, it takes over 90 minutes for me to get there from San Francisco. In an attempt to bypass all of this, I took the ferry to meet them.
  • Pros: Mindless transportation - everyone gets on and off at the same stop, so you could sleep or read, or play a game on your cell phone on your way there.
  • Cons: Still takes an hour and it costs WAY more than gas. ($13 each way)
On my way back into the city on Thursday morning, I was watching out the window when I saw this:

It has been years - probably ten or more - since I have taken the ferry from Vallejo to San Francisco and I'm not sure how I ever missed this lighthouse in the San Pablo bay. Turns out it is also a bed & breakfast. Anyone want to spend a romantic weekend there with me? ha. Check out this website for more information.

3 comments:

Jeff and Kristy said...

YES, I'll stay there with you! Jeff said there's foghorns that go off in the early morning though.

Stacey said...

I used to see it on my commute to Oakland and always thought it would be so cool to spend a night or two there!

Margie Quilter said...

OUCH Steph! I finally get a blog and you don't add me to your friends... My heart hurts! JK HOW ARE YOU DOING MY FRIEND!!!?LOVE YOU!!