Thursday, September 10, 2009

my actual birthday birthday celebrations

On Saturday, although it was my birthday, I ran 10 miles and I went to a mini family reunion and 90th birthday celebration for my grandma in Utah. The best part about it was that I was able to see a lot of family that I rarely get to see. For example, my Uncle Curtis. He's been reading my blog for some time now, so here's my shout out to you! He's my mom's oldest and only brother and reminds me so much of my Grandpa who passed away a few years ago; always happy and loving. Love you, Curtis.


His oldest daughter, Bethany, is so good at keeping in touch and coming to visit when I come to town. And she has the cutest kids. I feel closer to them than a lot of my cousin's kids and of course i didn't get a photo with them.

and then there is alex and erica. mmmm. i love them.
please note how tall they both are. i am shorty mcshorterson in this photo.

later on that afternoon when we were back at my parent's house watching byu beat oklahoma, my nephew made some awesome poses for me with the broccoli he was munching on. seriously, I doubt that you any other 13 month olds that love vegetables as much as my sister's kids do.

to finish off my birthday celebration, uzi picked me up and we went to the movies with matt and dalton up in salt lake. we went to see 'my sister's keeper' and cried our eyes out for a few hours. i didn't think that i'd like it, but it was actually much better than i thought it would be. uzi, thank you for taking care of me on my birthday. i sure love you.

28 years old and i don't look a day over 21. please agree with me.

2 comments:

erica said...

yeah, I have been privilged enough to make it onto your blog twice now! :) It was SO good to see you, we need to have some cousin conferences more often. I will be calling you soon to finish our conversation! Love ya!

Bud & Kim said...

You look awesome! I love you and wish I could have celebrated with you.