Friday, September 11, 2009

Stowe Lake

Last Monday was Labor Day and I came home early Monday morning in time to spend a nice day in the perfect weather that San Francisco was offering. Sometimes, this city really is irresistible. San Francisco, sometimes, I want to have your babies.

Kristine and Ryan came up from Palo Alto to rendezvous with me at Stowe Lake in Golden Gate Park. Just going to the boat house there makes you feel like you are back in the 60's. It is one of my favorite places in all of San Francisco and it had been years since I'd been over there.

We decided to get a row boat and have Ryan row us around the lake. No wussy paddle boats for us. ...err, him.

I cannot emphasize how perfect the weather was. It is rare that I am able to wear short sleeves without a jacket, ever. really. ever.

After we got rowed around the lake for an hour, we walked around Strawberry Peak, which is in the middle of the lake. Just a little island with a few trails up to the top and fun things like:

Pose on bridges


And look at pretty pagodas.

And then we went to the Mary Poppins sing-along in the Castro. Yeah we did.

1 comment:

heidikins said...

How is it possible I've never been there...must plan another trip to SF, obviously. ;o)

xox