Thursday, August 12, 2010

One year ago today,...


A year ago, I met someone who turned my life upside down. I mean - I was never even thinking of the guards outside of Buckingham Palace. Seriously.


Here are a few things that I've learned since then:


1. Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

2. Love isn't rational - and yes, you can be in love with someone that you've only seen twice. Yep, to this day - twice.

3. Listen to your heart - your friends may not agree with your decisions, but YOU have to be okay with them.

4. Going on vacations and running marathons to forget about an ex-boyfriend does not help.

5. I would do it all over again in an instant.


Not going to lie - the last year has been a roller coaster of emotion. Checking the paper every day to see if someone that you really care about has been hurt or killed is not a fun thing. Feeling like I was ready to move on and then getting a phone call or an email makes things really hard. Just want to give a public thank you to the friends who stood by me even though it wasn't easy.


Coming to terms with the fact that you will always really love someone even if they never have the ability to love you back is freeing. Happy Anniversary, Darrel. I hope you find what you're looking for. x

1 comment:

heidikins said...

This gave me goosebumps. Love you, girl.

xox