- I went speed dating a few months ago and had 6 matches, which I thought was a pretty good number considering the number of times I said "yes". I had a guy email me soon afterward and ask me for my phone number which I thought was considerate since he already had it via the speed dating "you got a match" email. He's told me at least 3 times now via text and email that he'd like to take me out and then has done nothing. I invited him to a group activity last week and ran into a friend while with him. She asked me how I met him and turns out, she met him speed dating, too. Apparently she got the same "funny" email from him that I did, asking for her number and he's taken her out and asked her on a second date already. Not so charming anymore, Speed Dating Guy.
- I had a guy stare at me on and off for over an hour the other night in the temple. Awesome. I had not showered in 2 days. Glad I ever spend time getting ready for anything. I have heard that he wants to ask me out. I'm not super optimistic.
- Got an email from a guy that I really care about that just said "Loser" with no other text.
- Had a great date with someone, he told me he wanted to see me again - that was a month ago and I have heard nothing.
- Got a text from someone today saying that they never see me on gchat anymore and they are wondering if we are still friends. I emailed and texted back. No response.
And before anyone out there thinks that I am a manhater, I will tell you that last night I had dinner with Scott and it was great - he is wonderful. I also had a man friend volunteer to run 11 miles with me on Saturday. The next man to tell me that women are complicated is going to get a punch in the nose.