Sunday, May 22, 2011

For the record

This weekend has been quite full - which isn't shocking. I just wanted to say publicly that yesterday I wanted to take New York City and kiss it on the mouth. The weather was amazing.

I decided on Friday afternoon to run the Brooklyn Half Marathon on Saturday and so on Friday night I worked my shift at the temple (which was wonderful and so needed) then giggled like a little girl at the cafe under the temple with my friend Karen for about an hour afterward. I stayed up entirely too late that night and after 3 hours of sleep, got up at 4:30 to catch the 5am subway out to Brooklyn to run a race that I had not prepared for. Well, it was my 2nd best half marathon ever! I didn't get a medal at the end and the race ended at Coney Island (which may as well be Kansas, it is so far away) but it was a great way to start a Saturday. The rest of the day was so amazing. Weather wise, it was the best day of the year so far. Warm, sunny, not windy! I went to lunch/brunch with a good friend, saw a wonderful movie (Midnight in Paris), went to some church meetings in the evening and then to dinner with some of my closest friends in New York. Unfortunately I went to bed at 2am last night, so I was up for 22 hours straight and then had church earlier than usual today.

I just wanted to make sure and record this so that come July when I am cursing New York and begging to move back to San Francisco, I will be able to remember.

Carry on.

No comments: