Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My latest dating rant

Today I read an excerpt from Mindy Kaling's new book.
When men hear women want a commitment, they think it means commitment to a romantic relationship, but that’s not it. It’s a commitment to not floating around anymore. I want a guy who is entrenched in his own life. Entrenched is awesome.
So I’m into men now, even though they can be frightening. I want a schedule-keeping, waking-up-early, wallet-carrying, picture-hanging man. I don’t care if he takes prescription drugs for cholesterol or hair loss. (I don’t want that, but I can handle it. I’m a grown-up too.)
Obviously I bought it.  I shouted "Amen" in my head when I read it.

And for my lady readers, here is a great link to an article I saw on my friend's facebook page recently.  50 universal truths about men.  I found it interesting.





No comments: